Gaga is similar to dodgeball but is faster and safer. Each game is played on an enclosed court in the shape of an octagon, called the Gaga pit. Like dodgeball, the goal of the game is to hit and tag out other players and be the last one standing. Unlike dodgeball, players may not catch, hold, or throw the ball. Instead, players must slap the ball towards their opponents with an open hand. To ensure the safety of our guests, the ball used is a soft foam ball. It’s a fun and exciting game that’s great for exercise. Our Gaga Courts are one of our most popular amenities for our younger guests – parents have a difficult time getting them to leave the game! Each game lasts a couple of minutes. The more players that play – the better game it will be!
How To Play Gaga:
- All players will have one hand touching the wall of the pit. The referee will throw the ball into the center of the court.
- The ball will bounce three times. Players will scream “GA” on the first two bounces, “GO” on the third. The ball will be in play after the ball’s third bounce.
- Any player can run towards the ball. The player who gets the ball should aim below the knees to try and get the opponent out.
- Players can jump with assistance from the wall. Players may not sit on ledges or hold the ball.
- Get hit or touch the ball below the knee? You’re out!
- Catch a ball? The person who threw it is out!
- Last person standing wins!
Add Sporting Games and Gaga to Your Next Company Event!
Step into the Gaga pit at your next company event, company retreat, or school picnic for some fast-action fun! Frogbridge Picnics & Events include a range of sporting courts for guests to enjoy, including Gaga, miniature golf, tennis, horseshoes, and more. Contact our expert event planners at Frogbridge today to learn more about the sporting fun and games we offer to bring your next event to life!